Google

Friday, July 4, 2008

Framed!...mostly

For those wondering, Johanna is still pregnant and not happy about it any longer. She's still in Anchorage and ready to get the show on the road. Baby was due July 1st. I almost flew in to Anchorage this weekend, but forced myself to stay here and keep at my big project.

Dad and I got the house pretty well framed up today. Just needs to be closed in with a roof and some walls. Never framed a house before. Pretty sure Dad hasn't either. Lot of research, plenty of questions for the right people, a good book from Home Depot, a big scoop of elbow grease and there it is. A house skeleton.

My goal, to have the house shelled in before going to Anchorage for the birth, is still within reach. Since the baby is clearly behind schedule that puts me just about on schedule. A hand-full of productive days and we'll have the thing shelled in. Then I'll have to start reading all those other books!



No comments: