Google

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Huskies Available for Adoption

I'm offering two dogs for adoption. I'm not asking for any money, but will only offer them to quality homes. In seven years I've never sold a dog. I've bought plenty, but never taken money myself. It would seem strange to take money for my hard working huskies. My sprint dogs on the other hand, I probably could sell them. But selling a working dog would be akin to selling your hunting buddy. My promise to each dog is a quality working life from womb to the grave. At times I fall short of that promse, but it is always my goal. From the night they're born to the end I always dread, their existence is my responsibility. Past homes I found for dogs have lived up to this promise. The next owners of the two dogs below will be kept to the same standard.

This is Ginger. She is out of my first big litter from Lucky and Hagar. I'm not offering her as a sled dog. She needs to live out her life as a pet. Mushing just isn't in her future. She's 4 years old, spayed, current on all shots, and one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met. Ginger borders on timid. She doesn't know lots of commands, but has always come to me when loose. My neighbor Lisa worked with her at healing this summer. She did well, but is very fearful of cars. I knew Lisa was walking to the dog yard this summer because I'd hear Ginger yipping and fussing about on her chain. About 5 minutes later Lisa would walk down the driveway. During a run last fall, she was bumped with a vehicle and it has really made her nervous around them. I've never seen her growl at a person or another dog. She loves kids and would be a great dog to enjoy in the house and still able to be put outside when it's -30. Ginger would not be a good first dog, but would be an absolute gem for the right owner.

If I had to describe this pup in a word, it would be "Potential". She is Lucy and Bing's pup. The litter of 11 was way to much for me so I've given away some of the females. Part of my kennel management plan is to own a minimum number of females. Most of my yard is big males. This isn't a very good picture of her. I set her on top of the dog house so she would stay still for a minute. Every sled dog puppy is a crap shoot. But just as every gambler knows, you always look for the best possible odds. With Bing and Lucy for parents, this little girl has every potential to be an outstanding sled dog. She'll probably be a 55 to 65 pound dog, with a thick coat and a need to work. She would be a good bet as a ski-jor dog.

Both of these dogs can be shipped. You would have to pay for that. If intested in either dog shoot me an e-mail at kbelleque@hotmail.com . I'd be happy to tell you more about them. I never tire of talking about my dogs.

On a different note: A few friends have told me they aren't able to post comments on this blog. Last winter I loosened up the settings so anyone can post comments, but that doesn't seem to be working now. I'm considering switching to another free blog service where folks can easily post comments. Comments are a fun part of blogging. If you know of another good place to blog please let me know. You'll have to use my e-mail due to all the reasons I just mentioned.

No comments: