Google

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lucky's Hot Date

Think I forgot to mention that Lucky is currently in Two Rivers, Alaska outside of Fairbanks being wooed by Torus. Visited my friend Swanny in February and saw his excellent leader Torus. Before I was done scratching Torus' ear I said, "Let's breed him with Lucky." We talked it over a little and decided to give it a go. Torus is an old Yukon Quest leader with the calm demeanor and rugged build I like. He doesn't have Lucky's long legs, but is actually a bit taller then Lucky at the shoulder according to Swanny. He has a big stout body. If Lucky is able to throw pups like Torus with another 4 inches of leg, we should have some outstanding working dogs in our future. Both Lucky and Torus are trail hardened working dogs able to both physically and mentally handle any trail imaginable. Both are dogs worth reproducing. Brought Lucky up to Fairbanks last week. Swanny was so generous as to offer to whelp the pups up there as well. I don't mind doing it myself, but he is closer to veterinary care and with the house to build it's one less thing on my mind. You can read more about Swanny and his dogs at http://oldschoolak.blogspot.com/ . Sure he'll have more info about Lucky and her anticipated litter as things progess.

No comments: